One City, Two Realities: Jerusalem Public Opinion Survey 2018
- Dan Miodownik, Noam Brenner
- Content Type
- Case Study
- Israel/Palestine Creative Regional Initiatives (IPCRI)
- This public opinion survey covers different issues of life in Jerusalem of its Israeli and Palestinian residents. It surveys their expressions about local needs, who they view as their local leadership, their social attitudes and ways of communication. It also explores perceptions of violence, life satisfaction and also questions about the future of Jerusalem and municipal elections.
This survey is a part of a larger peacebuilding initiative in Jerusalem called “Building Visions for the Future of Jerusalem: A Bottom-Up Approach”. As such, the survey is one of a few ways to collect and give voice to the residents’ needs and perceptions regarding their life in Jerusalem. Its final objectives are to to better understand the foundations for cooperation between the two populations in this contested city, in order to assist in improving their well-being.
- Demographics, Territorial Disputes, Public Opinion, Survey
- Political Geography
- Middle East, Israel, Palestine, Jerusalem