Understanding EU-MENA Relations: Current and Changing Dynamics
- Przemysław Osiewicz, Alex Vatanka, Suzanne Kianpour
- Content Type
- Middle East Institute (MEI)
- The relationship between the European Union and the Middle East is facing a critical period of change, given the changing leadership in key European Union bodies, rising tensions with regard to Iran, and increasing confrontation between the United States and Iran.
The Middle East Institute is pleased to invite you to a conversation with MEI scholar Przemysław Osiewicz, who will discuss his recently released paper series on the impact of leadership changes in key EU bodies such as the EU high representative for foreign and security policy, the European Commission, and the European Council on EU-MENA relations. He will be joined by MEI Senior Fellow Alex Vatanka and moderator Suzanne Kianpour to explore divergences between the United States and the EU approaches in their policies toward Iran, internal divisions within the EU on engagement with Iran, the role of economic factors, and the future of the JCPOA.
- International Relations, Security, Foreign Policy, Politics, Geopolitics, Leadership
- Political Geography
- Iran, Middle East, United States of America, European Union
- External Resources