The Business of Peace through Green Energy: The HomeBiogas Story
- Yair Teller
- Content Type
- Clarke Forum for Contemporary Issues
- Yair Teller discusses how he is using his company, HomeBiogas, as a mechanism for peace building, sustainable development, women’s empowerment, and improvement of the quality of health and life for citizens of developing countries.
Yair Teller is chief scientist and co-founder of the HomeBiogas Company based in Netanya, Israel. HomeBiogas produces a household renewable energy appliance that recycles kitchen waste into cooking gas and organic fertilizer. Profits from sales to suburban customers and a successful crowd-funding campaign are used to support donation of HomeBiogas units to economically disadvantaged Bedouin, Palestinian, and Ugandan families for alleviation of poverty. The work of HomeBiogas has been recognized by the UN and the Peres Center for Peace.
- Development, Environment, Science and Technology, Women, Gas, Business , Green Technology
- Political Geography
- Uganda, Middle East, Israel, Palestine, North America, United States of America
- External Resources
- The Business of Peace through Green Energy: The HomeBiogas Story