You searched for: Political Geography Mexico Remove constraint Political Geography: Mexico Publication Year within 10 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 10 Years Topic Foreign Exchange Remove constraint Topic: Foreign Exchange
- Author: Olivier Dabène, Gaspard Estrada, Damien Larrouqué, Nordin Lazreg, Delphine Lecombe, Frédéric Louault, Antoine Maillet, Frédéric Massé, Kevin Parthenay, Eduardo Rios, Darío Rodriguez, Constantino Urcuyo-Fournier
- Publication Date: 12-2013
- Content Type: Special Report
- Institution: Centre d'Etudes et de Recherches Internationales
- Abstract: Amérique latine - L’Année politique is a publication by CERI-Sciences Po’s Political Observatory of Latin America and the Caribbean (OPALC). The study extends the work presented on the Observatory’s website (www.sciencespo.fr/opalc) by offering tools for understanding a continent that is in the grip of deep transformations.
- Topic: Foreign Policy, Economics, Foreign Exchange, History, Reform, Transitional Justice, Political Prisoners, Memory
- Political Geography: China, Brazil, Argentina, Colombia, South America, Uruguay, Latin America, Venezuela, Mexico, Chile, Guatemala
- Author: Gerald P. O'Driscoll Jr.
- Publication Date: 06-2012
- Content Type: Journal Article
- Journal: The Cato Journal
- Institution: The Cato Institute
- Abstract: I will begin by disputing that there is a global monetary system. We do not have a system in any meaningful sense. There are 182 independent currencies in the world. Some currencies are fixed in relation to other, larger currencies (e.g., the Hong Kong dollar to the U.S. dollar). Some currencies move within a band against other currencies (e.g., the Singapore dollar and the Chinese yuan). Many currencies float on foreign exchange markets, but few float freely. Four major currencies float against each other: the U.S. dollar, the euro, the pound, and the yen. Countries also change their foreign exchange regime (e.g., Mexico in recent decades).
- Topic: Foreign Exchange
- Political Geography: Mexico, Singapore