You searched for: Political Geography Japan Remove constraint Political Geography: Japan Journal Journal of International Affairs Remove constraint Journal: Journal of International Affairs Topic Development Remove constraint Topic: Development
- Publication Date: 03-2012
- Content Type: Journal Article
- Journal: Journal of International Affairs
- Institution: School of International and Public Affairs, Columbia University
- Abstract: In its sixty-five-year history, the Journal of International Affairs has explored some of the most important transformations of the postwar world: from the U.S. occupation of Germany and Japan to the collapse of the Soviet Union, from democratization and development to the explosion of global trade. The unprecedented—and accelerating—growth of cities today will prove to be no less important. Mass urbanization will have a transformative effect on the political, economic and social fabrics of societies around the world. The demographic shift from rural to urban areas promises to release untapped human potential—creative and productive energies that will emerge from the increased exchange of ideas and capital.
- Topic: Development
- Political Geography: United States, Japan, Germany