1 - 2 of 2
Number of results to display per page
2. Japan: A Nuclear State?
- Henrique Altemani de Oliveira
- Publication Date:
- Content Type:
- Journal Article
- Revista Brasileira de Política Internacional (RBPI)
- Instituto Brasileiro de Relações Internacionais (IBRI)
- Japan is often seen as pacifist and as a defender of nuclear disarmament. This article, though, sustains that Japan is basing its security on extended nuclear deterrence, and on the possibility of acquiring nuclear weapons. In the first part of the article, the role of extended deterrence in the relationship with the U.S. is analyzed, and in the second, the history of the Japanese nuclear option since the end of the Second World War is reassessed.
- Nuclear Weapons, Weapons, and Deterrence
- Political Geography:
- Japan and Asia