You searched for: Political Geography India Remove constraint Political Geography: India Publication Year within 5 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 5 Years Topic BRIC Remove constraint Topic: BRIC
- Author: David M Malone, Rohinton P. Medhora
- Publication Date: 06-2019
- Content Type: Working Paper
- Institution: Centre for International Governance Innovation
- Abstract: This paper includes essential history of how the multilateral world has evolved over the last 150 years, followed by an examination of several types of multilateral systems: the United Nations and related organizations (including the World Bank group and the International Monetary Fund), and the World Trade Organization; regional organizations; and cross-cutting multilateral or plurilateral groupings with more limited, generally consultative purposes, such as the Group of Seven and BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India and China). It concludes with some reflections on the implications for multilateralism of a defection from its attractions and principles by key actors.
- Topic: International Cooperation, World Trade Organization, World Bank, Multilateral Relatons, IMF, BRIC
- Political Geography: Russia, China, Europe, India, Asia, Brazil, South America, North America
- Author: Eduardo Viola, Larissa Basso
- Publication Date: 12-2016
- Content Type: Journal Article
- Journal: Revista Brasileira de Política Internacional (RBPI)
- Institution: Instituto Brasileiro de Relações Internacionais (IBRI)
- Abstract: This article discusses the role of China, Russia, India and Brazil in the climate regime. It describes the trajectory of their emissions, of their domestic policies and of their international commitments, and argues that, despite their responsibility in causing the problem, they have been conservative forces in the climate regime.
- Topic: Climate Change, Politics, BRIC, Decarbonization
- Political Geography: Russia, China, India, Brazil