You searched for: Political Geography Europe Remove constraint Political Geography: Europe Publication Year within 1 Year Remove constraint Publication Year: within 1 Year Publication Year within 25 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 25 Years Publication Year within 5 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 5 Years Topic International Relations Theory Remove constraint Topic: International Relations Theory
- Author: Kosuke Shimizu
- Publication Date: 06-2021
- Content Type: Journal Article
- Journal: Uluslararasi Iliskiler
- Institution: International Relations Council of Turkey (UİK-IRCT)
- Abstract: Relationality seems to have attracted a broader audience in international relations (IR) in the last decade. Unlike other approaches of the relational turn that concentrate more on analyzing or stabilizing the international order, the Buddhist theory of IR is mainly concerned with the political practice of the liberation and healing of people. In this article, I will illustrate how Mahāyāna Buddhist teachings can contribute to IR by using case studies. The cases to investigate include the Okinawa base issue, Denmark’s ‘light in the darkness’, and South Korea-Japan diplomatic relations.
- Topic: Religion, Ethics, International Relations Theory, Buddhism
- Political Geography: Japan, Europe, Asia, South Korea, Denmark
- Author: Elena A. Korosteleva, Irina Petrova
- Publication Date: 04-2020
- Content Type: Commentary and Analysis
- Institution: Istituto Affari Internazionali
- Abstract: Resilience has recently emerged as a possible solution to address the increasing dysfunctionality of national and global governance, strengthening its ability to deal with the frequenting crises and the adversity of VUCA – the more vulnerable, uncertain, complex and ambiguous – world around us.
- Topic: Politics, International Relations Theory, Institutions, Coronavirus, Resilience
- Political Geography: Europe, European Union