You searched for: Political Geography Democratic Republic of the Congo Remove constraint Political Geography: Democratic Republic of the Congo Publication Year within 10 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 10 Years Publication Year within 25 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 25 Years Journal The Washington Quarterly Remove constraint Journal: The Washington Quarterly
- Author: Jack Mosbacher
- Publication Date: 02-2014
- Content Type: Journal Article
- Journal: The Washington Quarterly
- Institution: Center for Strategic and International Studies
- Abstract: On the eve of Uganda's 44th anniversary of independence in 2006, President Yoweri Museveni announced the discovery of oil in the Lake Albert rift on the western border between Uganda and the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC). Touting an initial find of 300 million barrels of oil, Museveni called for a national day of prayer, thanking God "for having created for us a rift valley" and for giving Uganda's leaders "the wisdom.to discover this oil."
- Political Geography: Uganda, Democratic Republic of the Congo