You searched for: Political Geography Afghanistan Remove constraint Political Geography: Afghanistan Publication Year within 10 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 10 Years Publication Year within 5 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 5 Years Topic Contracts Remove constraint Topic: Contracts
- Author: Sebastian Sahla, Hosana Chay, Robert Pitman
- Publication Date: 05-2019
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: Natural Resource Governance Institute
- Abstract: Contract disclosure is a growing global norm. The Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (EITI) board agreed to require all member governments to disclose the contracts they sign with oil, gas and mining companies beginning in January 2021. Around the world governments, companies and civil society are increasingly advocating for disclosure. In Myanmar, progress has been extremely slow. Despite civil society activists and several major investors supporting reforms, the government has not disclosed any petroleum or mining contracts so far. With new licenses expected to be issued in the petroleum, minerals and gemstone sectors, the Myanmar government should act now to keep pace with a global trend.
- Topic: Corruption, Natural Resources, Regulation, Negotiation, Legislation, Transparency, Contracts
- Political Geography: Afghanistan, Mongolia, Asia, Sierra Leone, Mexico, Myanmar, Cameroon