You searched for: Publishing Institution Walter H. Shorenstein Asia-Pacific Research Center Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Walter H. Shorenstein Asia-Pacific Research Center Political Geography North Korea Remove constraint Political Geography: North Korea Publication Year within 10 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 10 Years Topic Human Welfare Remove constraint Topic: Human Welfare
- Author: Katharina Zellweger
- Publication Date: 01-2014
- Content Type: Working Paper
- Institution: Walter H. Shorenstein Asia-Pacific Research Center
- Abstract: "People with Disabilities in a Changing North Korea" details the situation that people with disabilities face in the Democratic People's Republic of North Korea (DPRK). Despite its reputation as a repressive, closed society where human rights are routinely abused, there are in fact institutions in the DPRK that work to address the needs of the disabled, and a number of non-governmental organizations providing aid to disabled people are active in the country. In this paper, Katharina Zellweger attempts to provide "an informed and balanced view of what it means to live with disabilities in North Korea and current work to assist the disabled."
- Topic: Health, Human Welfare, Governance
- Political Geography: Asia, North Korea