You searched for: Publishing Institution United States Institute of Peace Remove constraint Publishing Institution: United States Institute of Peace Political Geography Africa Remove constraint Political Geography: Africa Publication Year within 10 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 10 Years Publication Year within 5 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 5 Years Topic Rule of Law Remove constraint Topic: Rule of Law
- Author: Jibrin Ibrahim, Saleh Bala
- Publication Date: 12-2018
- Content Type: Special Report
- Institution: United States Institute of Peace
- Abstract: Nigeria’s military has largely degraded the capacity of Boko Haram since the peak of the insurgency in 2015. The government and security forces must now focus on winning the peace. This Special Report outlines the insurgency and its aftermath, the challenges facing the Nigerian government, the imperative of national police reform, and ways forward to stable and effective civilian-led governance.
- Topic: Security, Insurgency, Governance, Reform, Rule of Law, Justice, Boko Haram
- Political Geography: Africa, Nigeria, Chad, Cameroon, Niger