You searched for: Publishing Institution The Judith Reppy Institute for Peace and Conflict Studies Remove constraint Publishing Institution: The Judith Reppy Institute for Peace and Conflict Studies Political Geography United Kingdom Remove constraint Political Geography: United Kingdom Topic Industrial Policy Remove constraint Topic: Industrial Policy
- Author: Kenneth Flamm, Ann Markusen, Judith Reppy, John Lovering, Claude Serfati, Andrew D. James, Eugene Cobble, Judith Sedaitis, Corinna-Barbara Francis, Dov Dvir, Asher Tishler, Etel Solingen
- Publication Date: 04-2000
- Content Type: Working Paper
- Institution: The Judith Reppy Institute for Peace and Conflict Studies
- Abstract: A review of current and forthcoming developments in the European defense industry (which here means mainly Britain, France, Germany, and Italy) would lead, I believe, to some fairly clear conclusions. The relationship between sectoral and national (including regional) economic development is changing profoundly. This is above all because the defense industry currently represents a major and extremely significant instance of globalization. However, this is not the kind of globalization described in many summaries.
- Topic: Security, Defense Policy, Economics, Industrial Policy
- Political Geography: Russia, United States, China, United Kingdom, Middle East, France