You searched for: Publishing Institution The Begin-Sadat Centre for Strategic Studies (BESA) Remove constraint Publishing Institution: The Begin-Sadat Centre for Strategic Studies (BESA) Political Geography Libya Remove constraint Political Geography: Libya Topic International Security Remove constraint Topic: International Security
- Author: Eran Lerman
- Publication Date: 01-2017
- Content Type: Special Report
- Institution: The Begin-Sadat Centre for Strategic Studies (BESA)
- Abstract: Overshadowed by the Syrian tragedy, the collapse of the Libyan state had dangerous consequences for Mediterranean security. It also demonstrated the cost of a hastily organized intervention followed by disastrous neglect and the rise of Islamist forces. Still, its latest chapter – the successful campaign to eradicate IS in Sirte – proves that when carefully chosen, limited military means can achieve strategic goals: and in that basis, measures should be taken to satisfy General Hiftar and his Egyptian backers.
- Topic: Conflict Resolution, International Relations, International Security
- Political Geography: Libya