You searched for: Publishing Institution Nonproliferation Policy Education Center Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Nonproliferation Policy Education Center Political Geography Korea Remove constraint Political Geography: Korea Publication Year within 1 Year Remove constraint Publication Year: within 1 Year Publication Year within 5 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 5 Years Topic Crisis Management Remove constraint Topic: Crisis Management
- Author: Jungmin Kang
- Publication Date: 05-2020
- Content Type: Case Study
- Institution: Nonproliferation Policy Education Center
- Abstract: A Fukushima-like nuclear accident does not have to be caused by nature. Similar results could be wrought by military attack that disabled its safety systems, including cooling and power systems of nuclear power plants (NPPs). This study shows hypothetical releases from a core meltdown or spent fuel pool fire of NPPs occurred by military attack such as missile attacks in some of Northeast Asia countries, with atmospheric dispersion and deposition calculations using the HYSPLIT code with historical meteorological data for the region.
- Topic: Energy Policy, Science and Technology, Nuclear Power, Crisis Management
- Political Geography: Japan, Asia, Korea