You searched for: Publishing Institution LSE IDEAS Remove constraint Publishing Institution: LSE IDEAS Political Geography European Union Remove constraint Political Geography: European Union Topic International Cooperation Remove constraint Topic: International Cooperation
- Author: Georgia Mavrodi
- Publication Date: 10-2015
- Content Type: Commentary and Analysis
- Institution: LSE IDEAS
- Abstract: The idea of 'Fortress Europe' has dominated debates on EU immigration policies from the 1990s to current concerns in the Mediterranean. However, this focus on security and illegal migration has obscured important developments in EU policy on authorised migration. This strategic update analyses the construction of common EU policies that recognise the need for particular categories of international migrants.
- Topic: International Cooperation, International Affairs
- Political Geography: European Union