You searched for: Publishing Institution Institute of International Education Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Institute of International Education Political Geography India Remove constraint Political Geography: India Publication Year within 10 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 10 Years Publication Year within 5 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 5 Years Topic Sustainability Remove constraint Topic: Sustainability
- Author: Mirka Martel
- Publication Date: 03-2019
- Content Type: Special Report
- Institution: Institute of International Education
- Abstract: The second report from our 10-year impact study of the Ford Foundation International Fellowships Program (IFP), Social Justice Leaders in Actionprovides an in-depth look at the lives and careers of IFP alumni in three Asian countries—India, Indonesia, and the Philippines—detailing the different pathways alumni have taken and the ways they have leveraged their skills and networks to effect change. Drawing upon focus groups and interviews with 274 IFP alumni and community stakeholders, this qualitative research highlights the stories behind the numbers shared in the study’s first report, Social Justice and Sustainable Change: The Impacts of Higher Education, released in April 2016. The findings from Social Justice Leaders in Action provide insights not only at how life-altering IFP was at an individual level, but how that transformative power extends through alumni to their organizations, communities, and societies.
- Topic: Education, Social Justice, Higher Education, Sustainability
- Political Geography: Indonesia, India, Asia, Philippines, North America, United States of America