You searched for: Publishing Institution German Council on Foreign Relations (DGAP) Remove constraint Publishing Institution: German Council on Foreign Relations (DGAP) Political Geography Egypt Remove constraint Political Geography: Egypt Publication Year within 10 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 10 Years Publication Year within 5 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 5 Years Publication Year within 25 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 25 Years Topic Authoritarianism Remove constraint Topic: Authoritarianism
- Author: Dina Abdel Fattah
- Publication Date: 09-2021
- Content Type: Special Report
- Institution: German Council on Foreign Relations (DGAP)
- Abstract: The relationship between the European Union and Egypt on migration is as uncomfortable for Europe as it is unavoidable. The EU’s goal of reducing irregular migration by working with actual and potential transit countries around Europe has provided Egypt with greater leverage over its European neighbors – a development that worries not only human rights advocates, but many actors who follow the actions of the country’s authoritarian regime.
- Topic: International Relations, Development, Migration, Authoritarianism, European Union, Refugees, Borders
- Political Geography: Middle East, North Africa, Egypt