You searched for: Publishing Institution Georgetown Journal of International Affairs Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Georgetown Journal of International Affairs Political Geography Asia Remove constraint Political Geography: Asia Publication Year within 10 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 10 Years Publication Year within 5 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 5 Years Topic Displacement Remove constraint Topic: Displacement
- Author: Elliott Prasse-Freeman, Tani Sebro
- Publication Date: 03-2021
- Content Type: Special Report
- Institution: Georgetown Journal of International Affairs
- Abstract: Myanmar’s recent military coup has, for now, ended the country’s brief ten-year experiment with democracy. But the military junta did not anticipate a massive country-wide social movement against the brazen power-grab, in which millions have taken to the streets. As protests continue in urban centers, a trans-ethnic and pro-poor solidarity movement is emerging. Myanmar’s most excluded subjects, many of whom watch the protests from refugee camps, are now weighing both the possibilities and precariousness that the coup entails.
- Topic: Civil Society, Migration, Minorities, Displacement, Conflict, Coup
- Political Geography: Asia, Myanmar, Oceania