You searched for: Publishing Institution EastWest Institute Remove constraint Publishing Institution: EastWest Institute Political Geography Europe Remove constraint Political Geography: Europe Publication Year within 10 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 10 Years Publication Year within 5 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 5 Years Publication Year within 3 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 3 Years Publication Year within 1 Year Remove constraint Publication Year: within 1 Year Topic Counter-terrorism Remove constraint Topic: Counter-terrorism
- Author: Teresa Val
- Publication Date: 05-2020
- Content Type: Working Paper
- Institution: EastWest Institute
- Abstract: Terrorism in Afghanistan: A Joint Threat Assessment is intended to serve as an analytical tool for policymakers and an impetus for joint U.S.-Russia action. The report provides an overview of the security situation and peace process in Afghanistan, taking into account U.S. and Russian policies, priorities and interests; surveys the militant terrorist groups in and connected to Afghanistan and explores the security interests of various regional stakeholders vis-à-vis Afghanistan. Challenges relating to border management, arms trafficking and terrorist financing in Afghanistan are also briefly addressed.
- Topic: Security, Diplomacy, Military Strategy, Counter-terrorism, Peace
- Political Geography: Afghanistan, Russia, United States, Europe, Middle East, North America