You searched for: Publishing Institution Council on Foreign Relations Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Council on Foreign Relations Political Geography United States Remove constraint Political Geography: United States Topic Development Remove constraint Topic: Development
- Author: Walter Russell Mead, Sherle R. Schwenninger
- Publication Date: 10-2000
- Content Type: Working Paper
- Institution: Council on Foreign Relations
- Abstract: The Case For Middle-Class-Oriented Development International financial architecture works best when it serves social goals that command widespread support and legitimacy. Without neglecting the more conventional goal of allowing the greatest possible global flow of capital with the least risk of financial crisis, the primary goal of international financial reform, for both economic and political reasons, ought to be to promote middle-class-oriented development around the world.
- Topic: Development, Economics, Government, International Trade and Finance
- Political Geography: United States