You searched for: Publishing Institution Council on Foreign Relations Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Council on Foreign Relations Political Geography Middle East Remove constraint Political Geography: Middle East Journal Foreign Affairs Remove constraint Journal: Foreign Affairs Topic Foreign Policy Remove constraint Topic: Foreign Policy
- Publication Date: 09-2011
- Content Type: Journal Article
- Journal: Foreign Affairs
- Institution: Council on Foreign Relations
- Abstract: It's tempting to see the 9/11 attacks as having fundamentally changed U.S. foreign policy. It's also wrong. The Bush administration may have gone over the top in responding, but its course was less novel than generally believed. A quest for primacy and military supremacy, a readiness to act proactively and unilaterally, and a focus on democracy and free markets -- all are long-standing features of U.S. policy.
- Topic: Security, Foreign Policy
- Political Geography: Russia, United States, China, Middle East