You searched for: Publishing Institution Columbia Center on Sustainable Investment Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Columbia Center on Sustainable Investment Political Geography Ireland Remove constraint Political Geography: Ireland Topic International Affairs Remove constraint Topic: International Affairs
- Author: Anne Van Aaken, Jürgen Kurtz
- Publication Date: 03-2009
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: Columbia Center on Sustainable Investment
- Abstract: Several developed countries have introduced emergency measures to mitigate the effects of the Global Financial Crisis, including Australia, Germany, Ireland, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Although the measures taken are still undergoing changes by the executive branch and are thus a “moving target”, our survey reveals early evidence of differentiation between foreign and domestic actors in the emergency plans adopted by this sample grouping. It is this differentiation that may give rise to liability as breaching guarantees against discrimination of foreign investors under international investment law.
- Topic: Economics, International Trade and Finance, Markets, International Affairs, Foreign Direct Investment, Financial Crisis
- Political Geography: United States, United Kingdom, Germany, Australia, Ireland