You searched for: Publishing Institution Centre for Non-Traditional Security Studies, S. Rajaratnam School of International Studies Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Centre for Non-Traditional Security Studies, S. Rajaratnam School of International Studies Political Geography Asia-Pacific Remove constraint Political Geography: Asia-Pacific Publication Year within 10 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 10 Years Topic Health Remove constraint Topic: Health
- Author: Evan A. Laksmana
- Publication Date: 04-2011
- Content Type: Working Paper
- Institution: Centre for Non-Traditional Security Studies, S. Rajaratnam School of International Studies
- Abstract: This paper seeks to explore and assess the implications of climate insecurities for the armed forces of the Asia-Pacific region, and in particular Southeast Asia. It identifies key issues and trends related to climate insecurities – in the areas of mass migration, diseases, natural disasters and the scarcity of water, food and other resources. It then details the implications for armed forces in the region with reference to the strategic, institutional and operational realms, and contends that climate change will become both a burden multiplier and a threat multiplier in the decades to come.
- Topic: Climate Change, Health, Migration
- Political Geography: Southeast Asia, Asia-Pacific