You searched for: Publishing Institution Centre for International Governance Innovation Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Centre for International Governance Innovation Publication Year within 10 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 10 Years Topic News Analysis Remove constraint Topic: News Analysis
- Author: Michel Girard
- Publication Date: 12-2018
- Content Type: Working Paper
- Institution: Centre for International Governance Innovation
- Abstract: Standards can bring clarity on definitions, systems architecture, data ownership, grading, pooling, storage, disposal and set the bar regarding privacy and aggregation requirements. They are a necessary precondition for interoperability and commoditization to occur throughout value chains and across sectors. Canada has virtually no institutional capacity to develop standards in the information and communication technology sector. This policy brief proposes the creation of a standards collaborative that would be entrusted with the development of a standards road map to support big data analytics.
- Topic: Governance, News Analysis, Data
- Political Geography: Canada, North America