You searched for: Publishing Institution Centre for International Governance Innovation Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Centre for International Governance Innovation Political Geography United States Remove constraint Political Geography: United States Publication Year within 3 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 3 Years Topic Data Remove constraint Topic: Data
- Author: Susan Ariel Aaronson
- Publication Date: 04-2020
- Content Type: Working Paper
- Institution: Centre for International Governance Innovation
- Abstract: From posting photos and videos to tracking physical activity, apps can do almost anything, but while they may seem like harmless fun, they may also pose a threat to personal data and national security. This paper compares the different responses of the United States, Canada and Germany to data risks posed by popular apps such as FaceApp, Facebook, Strava, TikTok and ToTok. These apps and many others store troves of personal data that can be hacked and misused, putting users (and the countries in which they live) at risk.
- Topic: Security, Digital Economy, Social Media, Data
- Political Geography: United States, Europe, Canada, Germany, North America