1. What do investors in electric vehicles technologies want?
- Bettina Kast, Eva Bortolotti, and Joëlle Noailly
- Publication Date:
- Content Type:
- Policy Brief
- Centre for International Environmental Studies, The Graduate Institute (IHEID)
- With 25% of worldwide emissions due to road transport, the deployment of electric vehicles (EVs), full battery electric vehicles and plug-in hybrid electric vehicles – presents many promises to mitigate climate change. Despite its rapid growth, the market share of EVs vehicle remains low in Europe. Norway leads the EV market with 10% of total vehicle stock, followed by Iceland (3.3%), the Netherlands (1.9%) and Sweden (1.6%) (IEA, 2019). This Policy Brief presents the results of a survey among European clean tech investors examining which policy instruments and design can best mobilize private investments to advance e-mobility technologies.
- Environment, Science and Technology, Green Technology, Private Sector, Transportation, and Ecology
- Political Geography:
- Europe, Norway, and Netherlands