You searched for: Publishing Institution Center for Global Development Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Center for Global Development Political Geography Global Focus Remove constraint Political Geography: Global Focus Publication Year within 10 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 10 Years Publication Year within 5 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 5 Years Topic Foreign Aid Remove constraint Topic: Foreign Aid
- Author: Stefan Dercon, Owen Barder
- Publication Date: 04-2017
- Content Type: Special Report
- Institution: Center for Global Development
- Abstract: Millions of people face hazards like cyclones and drought every day. International aid to deal with disasters after they strike is generous, but it is unpredictable and fragmented, and it often fails to arrive when it would do the most good. We must stop treating disasters like surprises. Matching finance to planning today will save lives, money, and time tomorrow.
- Topic: Humanitarian Aid, Foreign Aid, International Development
- Political Geography: Global Focus