You searched for: Publishing Institution Center for Global Development Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Center for Global Development Political Geography Britain Remove constraint Political Geography: Britain Topic Development Remove constraint Topic: Development
- Author: Owen Barder, Hannah Timmis, Arthur Baker
- Publication Date: 03-2019
- Content Type: Working Paper
- Institution: Center for Global Development
- Abstract: here has been a resurgence in calls to reconsider the cross-party consensus in the UK on foreign aid and development. The main political parties are all committed to spending 0.7 percent of gross national income on aid, to using the internationally agreed definition of aid, and to maintaining a separate government department to administer the majority of this aid, led by a Cabinet Minister. In their recent report, Global Britain: A Twenty-first Century Vision, Bob Seely MP and James Rogers lay challenge to these long-established pillars of UK development policy. In this note, we consider some of the questions they raise and suggest alternative answers.
- Topic: Development, Government, Foreign Aid, Bureaucracy
- Political Geography: Britain, Europe