You searched for: Publishing Institution Center for Contemporary Arab Studies Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Center for Contemporary Arab Studies Political Geography Egypt Remove constraint Political Geography: Egypt Topic Democracy Remove constraint Topic: Democracy
- Author: Joseph Sassoon
- Publication Date: 04-2015
- Content Type: Special Report
- Institution: Center for Contemporary Arab Studies
- Abstract: Dr. Joseph Sassoon has spent the past few years working to improve our understanding of authoritarian governments that are typically inscrutable to outsiders, focusing first on the Ba‘th Party under Saddam Hussein for his book Saddam Hussein’s Ba‘th Party: Inside an Authoritarian Regime and, more recently, conducting a comparative analysis of eight authoritarian regimes in the Arab world. Dr. Sassoon’s comparative analysis, which he recently finalized during a fellowship at the Woodrow Wilson Center for International Scholars, looks at differences and commonalities among these coercive governments and will be published in his forthcoming book, Anatomy of Authoritarianism in the Arab Republics.
- Topic: History, Authoritarianism, Democracy, Interview, Baath Party
- Political Geography: Iraq, Middle East, Arab Countries, Syria, Egypt, Tunisia