You searched for: Publishing Institution Carnegie Endowment for International Peace Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Carnegie Endowment for International Peace Political Geography Central Asia Remove constraint Political Geography: Central Asia Publication Year within 25 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 25 Years Topic Diplomacy Remove constraint Topic: Diplomacy
- Author: Sinan Ülgen
- Publication Date: 12-2010
- Content Type: Working Paper
- Institution: Carnegie Endowment for International Peace
- Abstract: Turkey's vote against additional UN Security Council sanctions on Iran this year was viewed by many observers as a sign that Turkey is drifting away from the West. In reality, Ankara's relationship with the United States and the EU is much more complicated. Turkey's ambitious foreign policy and growing influence present the West with an opportunity to demand that Turkey play a more constructive role in the international community.
- Topic: Foreign Policy, Diplomacy, Power Politics
- Political Geography: United States, Europe, Iran, Central Asia, Turkey