You searched for: Publishing Institution Bruegel Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Bruegel Political Geography Britain Remove constraint Political Geography: Britain Publication Year within 25 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 25 Years Topic Political stability Remove constraint Topic: Political stability
- Author: Andre Sapir, Dirk Schoenmaker, Nicolas Veron
- Publication Date: 02-2017
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: Bruegel
- Abstract: The United Kingdom’s exit from the European Union creates an opportunity for the remaining EU27 to accelerate the development of its financial markets and to increase its resilience against shocks. Equally, Brexit involves risks for market integrity and stability, because the EU including the UK has been crucially dependent on the Bank of England and the UK Financial Conduct Authority for oversight of its wholesale markets. Without the UK, the EU27 must swiftly upgrade its capacity to ensure market integrity and financial stability. Furthermore, losing even partial access to the efficient London financial centre could entail a loss of efficiency for the EU27 economy, especially if financial developments inside the EU27 remain limited and uneven.
- Topic: Economics, International Political Economy, International Trade and Finance, Political stability, Brexit
- Political Geography: Britain, Europe