You searched for: Publishing Institution Arab Barometer Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Arab Barometer Political Geography Latin America Remove constraint Political Geography: Latin America Publication Year within 10 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 10 Years Publication Year within 5 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 5 Years Topic Environment Remove constraint Topic: Environment
- Author: Peter Schmidt, Robert Muggah
- Publication Date: 02-2021
- Content Type: Special Report
- Institution: Arab Barometer
- Abstract: The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) warns that climate change will generate alarming consequences for West Africa. A rise in global temperature between 3°C to 6°C by the end of the century (or earlier) is associated with greater irregularity in rainfall, and a delay in the beginning of the rainy season. Another risk involves higher frequency of extreme weather events such as heat waves, droughts, rainstorms, and flooding. According to some models, sea levels could rise by more than 75cm on average by the end of the century, forcing hundreds of millions of people to move, mostly within their own countries, and often to cities.
- Topic: Climate Change, Environment, Migration, International Security
- Political Geography: Latin America, West Africa