You searched for: Content Type Working Paper Remove constraint Content Type: Working Paper Political Geography Somalia Remove constraint Political Geography: Somalia Topic Famine Remove constraint Topic: Famine
- Author: Sophie Mack Smith
- Publication Date: 07-2012
- Content Type: Working Paper
- Institution: Oxfam Publishing
- Abstract: The 2011 drought across the Horn of Africa was, in some places, the worst to hit the region for 60 years. It was first predicted about a year beforehand, when sophisticated regional early warning systems began to alert the world to the possibility of drier-than-normal conditions in key pastoral areas of Ethiopia, Somalia and Northern Kenya, linked to the effects of the climatic phenomenon La Niña.
- Topic: Security, Development, Humanitarian Aid, Food, Famine
- Political Geography: Kenya, Africa, Ethiopia, Somalia