You searched for: Content Type Working Paper Remove constraint Content Type: Working Paper Political Geography Assam Remove constraint Political Geography: Assam Topic Government Remove constraint Topic: Government
- Author: Ashish Ranjan, Bhanu Joshi, Neelanjan Sircar
- Publication Date: 04-2016
- Content Type: Working Paper
- Institution: Centre for Policy Research, India
- Abstract: We were warned not to take the bus from Silchar to Guwahati. Unfortunately, the train was fully booked, so we had no other option. As soon as we left the city limits of Silchar, we began to make our way through the soggy, bumpy mess that was supposedly the route to Guwahati. We could only discern that this was intended to be a road by the fact that a few other buses, trucks and cars were similarly trying to maneuver through this muddle. A fellow traveler offered, “Roads in Sikkim and Meghalaya have improved in the last five years; here we still search for a pucca road.
- Topic: Government, Migration, Politics, Infrastructure, Elections
- Political Geography: South Asia, India, Asia, Assam