You searched for: Content Type Working Paper Remove constraint Content Type: Working Paper Publishing Institution The New School Graduate Program in International Affairs Remove constraint Publishing Institution: The New School Graduate Program in International Affairs Political Geography North America Remove constraint Political Geography: North America Topic Gender Based Violence Remove constraint Topic: Gender Based Violence
- Author: Isabella Esquivel Ventura
- Publication Date: 05-2017
- Content Type: Working Paper
- Institution: The New School Graduate Program in International Affairs
- Abstract: This document is a synthesis of a Master's thesis titled “Public Policy analysis to enable women to access a life free from violence in Mexico City: an intervention proposing to work with young men for the prevention of masculine violence”, developed over the course of 2013-14, as part of the Master's program in Public Policy and Gender offered by the Latin American Faculty of Social Sciences based in Mexico, and which was defended in front of an academic panel in August 2014. The investigation is a policy analysis, using the conceptual and argumentative framework of gender theory, and involves the analysis of a social problem of inequality between men and women, with the end to propose recommendations for a solution using public policy. Thusmasculine gender violence against women is the public problem of gender inequality which is the object of this policy analysis, a problem which is present in Mexican society both historically and structurally. Current prevention policies in Mexico City have been analyzed and this document includes public policy recommendations regarding said policies. The investigation is structured as an introduction and four chapters. The first detailed the public problem and the design of this research, and in the following chapters the conceptual and theoretical frameworks, methodology, analysis and recommendations were outlined. What follows here is a summary of this work.
- Topic: Women, Inequality, Gender Based Violence , Masculinity
- Political Geography: North America, Mexico, Mexico City