You searched for: Content Type Working Paper Remove constraint Content Type: Working Paper Publishing Institution The Harriman Institute Remove constraint Publishing Institution: The Harriman Institute Topic Human Rights Remove constraint Topic: Human Rights
- Publication Date: 02-2015
- Content Type: Working Paper
- Institution: The Harriman Institute
- Abstract: Professor Lambros Baltsiotis (Adjunct Lecturer, Research Centre for Minority Groups - Athens, Panteion University) and Professor Pellumb Xhufi (Professor of History, Albania Institute of History) participated in the second meeting. The organizers requested them to prepare scholarly perspectives of about 1,000 words commenting on the following statement: "Cham-Albanians suffered internment beginning in 1940, killings in 1944-45, and expulsion in 1945. Thousands of Cham-Albanians were killed in 1944 and 1945. These events occurred in a context and cycle of violence. It is alleged that Cham-Albanians were collaborators with the fascist and Nazi governments of Italy and Germany during World War II."
- Topic: Genocide, Human Rights, Violence, World War II
- Political Geography: Europe, Germany, Balkans, Albania, Italy