You searched for: Content Type Working Paper Remove constraint Content Type: Working Paper Publishing Institution The Begin-Sadat Centre for Strategic Studies (BESA) Remove constraint Publishing Institution: The Begin-Sadat Centre for Strategic Studies (BESA) Publication Year within 3 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 3 Years Topic Foreign Policy Remove constraint Topic: Foreign Policy
- Author: Irina Tsukerman
- Publication Date: 04-2020
- Content Type: Working Paper
- Institution: The Begin-Sadat Centre for Strategic Studies (BESA)
- Abstract: The recent news about the involvement of Iranian diplomats in the murder of an Iranian dissident in Turkey sparked a flare of international interest from within the all-encompassing coronavirus pandemic coverage, largely thanks to unflattering comparisons with coverage of the Jamal Khashoggi murder in 2018 (which the Iranian press promoted with gusto). The relative lack of interest in the crime from within Turkey itself reflects Ankara’s willingness to consort with Shiite Islamists to its own advantage.
- Topic: Foreign Policy, National Security, Geopolitics, Islamism
- Political Geography: Iran, Turkey, Middle East