You searched for: Content Type Working Paper Remove constraint Content Type: Working Paper Publishing Institution Social Science Research Council Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Social Science Research Council Political Geography Central African Republic Remove constraint Political Geography: Central African Republic Publication Year within 10 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 10 Years Topic Peace Remove constraint Topic: Peace
- Author: Jude Cocodia
- Publication Date: 09-2015
- Content Type: Working Paper
- Institution: Social Science Research Council
- Abstract: Despite their burgeoning reputation in peacekeeping, the African Union (AU) and the United Nations (UN) are apparently finding the conflict in the Central African Repub- lic (CAR) difficult to resolve. The explanation involves, in part, the complex situation within the country, apathy on the part of national political elites, and a lack of local participation in peacemaking. Other factors are linked to poor field leadership, the composition of the peacekeeping contingent, and the nature of the mandate. The situation demands more analysis of peace operations and the political conditions under which such operations occur, with a view toward lessening human suffering, making peacekeepers accountable, and brightening the prospects for peace.
- Topic: Diplomacy, United Nations, Conflict, Peace, African Union
- Political Geography: Africa, Central African Republic