You searched for: Content Type Working Paper Remove constraint Content Type: Working Paper Publishing Institution Small Arms Survey Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Small Arms Survey Political Geography Darfur Remove constraint Political Geography: Darfur Publication Year within 5 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 5 Years Publication Year within 25 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 25 Years Topic Arms Control and Proliferation Remove constraint Topic: Arms Control and Proliferation
- Publication Date: 07-2016
- Content Type: Working Paper
- Institution: Small Arms Survey
- Abstract: The UN arms embargo on Darfur— imposed in 2004, expanded in 2005, and elaborated in 2010 with additional due-diligence requirements—has demonstrably failed to prevent the delivery of materiel to Darfur’s armed actors. A transnational supply chain based in locations as diverse as the remote Central African trading town of Am Dafok and the commercial centres of Dubai continues to furnish weapons, ammunition, and other military equipment to all sides in a 14-year-old conflict (see Map 1).
- Topic: Arms Control and Proliferation, Military Strategy, Military Affairs, Weapons , Arms Trade
- Political Geography: Sudan, Darfur, Central Africa