You searched for: Content Type Working Paper Remove constraint Content Type: Working Paper Publishing Institution Oxfam Publishing Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Oxfam Publishing Political Geography United Nations Remove constraint Political Geography: United Nations Publication Year within 25 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 25 Years Publication Year within 10 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 10 Years Topic Agriculture Remove constraint Topic: Agriculture
- Publication Date: 03-2012
- Content Type: Working Paper
- Institution: Oxfam Publishing
- Abstract: What changes do we need to empower women smallholders and achieve food security? This question has been asked repeatedly over the past several decades, but transformative changes in both public policy and practice have been few and far between. According to the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO), closing the „gender gap‟ in agriculture –or increasing women‟s contribution to food production and enterprise by providing equal access to resources and opportunities –could reduce the number of hungry people in the world by 12-17 per cent, or by 100 to 150 million people.
- Topic: Security, Agriculture, Gender Issues, Food, Famine
- Political Geography: United Nations