You searched for: Content Type Working Paper Remove constraint Content Type: Working Paper Publishing Institution Oxfam Publishing Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Oxfam Publishing Political Geography India Remove constraint Political Geography: India Topic Food Remove constraint Topic: Food
- Author: Dornan Paul, Ogando Portela, Maria Jose, Pells Kirrily
- Publication Date: 09-2014
- Content Type: Working Paper
- Institution: Oxfam Publishing
- Abstract: Drawing on survey data from Young Lives, an international study of childhood poverty involving 12,000 children in four countries, this paper examines the effects of environmental shocks on food insecurity and children‟s development. The data, from children and their families living in rural and urban locations in Ethiopia, the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh, Peru , and Vietnam , provide information on the same individuals over time, allowing consideration of how earlier incidences of food insecurity and exposures to environmental shocks shape later outcomes. Regression analysis is used to estimate the relationships between these and other relevant factors.
- Topic: Security, Climate Change, Human Welfare, Food
- Political Geography: India, Vietnam, Ethiopia, Andhra Pradesh, Peru