You searched for: Content Type Working Paper Remove constraint Content Type: Working Paper Publishing Institution NATO Defense College Remove constraint Publishing Institution: NATO Defense College Political Geography Arabia Remove constraint Political Geography: Arabia Publication Year within 25 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 25 Years Publication Year within 10 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 10 Years Topic International Cooperation Remove constraint Topic: International Cooperation
- Author: Jean-loup Samaan
- Publication Date: 10-2012
- Content Type: Working Paper
- Institution: NATO Defense College
- Abstract: Eight years after NATO initiated its engagement with Gulf countries through the Istanbul Cooperation Initiative (ICI), the results have been modest, not to say disappointing. True, some recent achievements are worth mentioning: the participation in 2011 of the United Arab Emirates and Qatar in Operation Unified Protector in Libya, or the appointment, the same year, of the first UAE Ambassador to NATO, which represented an unprecedented and innovative way to strengthen the partnership.
- Topic: International Relations, Foreign Policy, International Cooperation, Reform
- Political Geography: Middle East, Libya, Arabia, United Arab Emirates