You searched for: Content Type Working Paper Remove constraint Content Type: Working Paper Publishing Institution International Peace Institute Remove constraint Publishing Institution: International Peace Institute Political Geography Ethiopia Remove constraint Political Geography: Ethiopia Topic Genocide Remove constraint Topic: Genocide
- Author: Jenna Slotin, Castro Wesamba, Teemt Bekele
- Publication Date: 06-2009
- Content Type: Working Paper
- Institution: International Peace Institute
- Abstract: Within the United Nations, the concept of the responsibility to protect (RtoP) has regained considerable momentum after nearly two years of stasis following the 2005 World Summit. Outside the corridors of the world body, discussions about RtoP and its application to specific regional situations, as well as the mandate of the Special Adviser on the Prevention of Genocide, one of the crimes specified in the Summit's Outcome Document, are still at a nascent stage. In order to contribute to rectifying this imbalance, the International Peace Institute, the UN Office of the Special Adviser on the Prevention of Genocide, and the InterAfrica Group convened an expert roundtable on “The Responsibility to Protect and Genocide Prevention in Africa” in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, on October 23 and 24, 2008.
- Topic: Genocide, Human Rights, Regional Cooperation
- Political Geography: Africa, United Nations, Ethiopia