You searched for: Content Type Working Paper Remove constraint Content Type: Working Paper Publishing Institution International Peace Institute Remove constraint Publishing Institution: International Peace Institute Political Geography Ethiopia Remove constraint Political Geography: Ethiopia Publication Year within 10 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 10 Years Topic Development Remove constraint Topic: Development
- Author: Solomon Dersso
- Publication Date: 10-2014
- Content Type: Working Paper
- Institution: International Peace Institute
- Abstract: The Intergovernmental Authority on Development (IGAD), composed of Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, and Uganda with its secretariat headquartered in Djibouti, covers northeast Africa, a region continuing to experience major changes, arguably more than any other part of the continent. This is the only region of Africa where colonially drawn borders have been redrawn. In contrast to other regions of Africa, this is also where the prospect of further redrawing of borders—with Somaliland seeking international recognition as a separate state—remains a real possibility.
- Topic: Conflict Prevention, Security, Development, Economics, Environment, Regional Cooperation, Governance
- Political Geography: Uganda, Kenya, Africa, Sudan, Ethiopia, Somalia, South Sudan