You searched for: Content Type Working Paper Remove constraint Content Type: Working Paper Publishing Institution Global Facilitation Network for Security Sector Reform Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Global Facilitation Network for Security Sector Reform Political Geography Indonesia Remove constraint Political Geography: Indonesia Topic Governance Remove constraint Topic: Governance
- Author: Riefqi Muna, Shiam Vidurupola
- Publication Date: 09-2004
- Content Type: Working Paper
- Institution: Global Facilitation Network for Security Sector Reform
- Abstract: The Global Facilitation Network (GFN) for Security Sector Reform (SSR) facilitated a symposium in Bangkok from 21-22 September 2004. The purpose of the symposium was to carry out an assessment of the potential of existing and future networks for the promotion and support of Security Sector Reform agendas in Asia. The symposium aimed to encourage a wider debate on SSR by exploring and promoting existing regional networks. Participants attended from a range of many South and South East Asian countries including Bangladesh, East Timor, India, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, the Philippines, Sri Lanka, Thailand and Vietnam. International experts from Germany, the UK, Switzerland Ghana, and Nigeria also attended, in order to encourage a south-south dialogue and to share experiences from other continents. This diversity of knowledge resulted in enriched debate at a regional level. Experiences were shared and analysed by more than fifty participants from senior positions in academia, politics, military, police, civil society, donor organisations, and the media.
- Topic: Security, Regional Cooperation, Governance
- Political Geography: Pakistan, South Asia, Indonesia, Malaysia, India, Asia, Nepal, Ghana, Southeast Asia