You searched for: Content Type Working Paper Remove constraint Content Type: Working Paper Publishing Institution Gateway House: Indian Council on Global Relations Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Gateway House: Indian Council on Global Relations Political Geography Canada Remove constraint Political Geography: Canada Publication Year within 10 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 10 Years Publication Year within 5 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 5 Years Topic Climate Change Remove constraint Topic: Climate Change
- Author: Olaf Weber, Vasundhara Saravade
- Publication Date: 07-2020
- Content Type: Working Paper
- Institution: Gateway House: Indian Council on Global Relations
- Abstract: India’s energy future needs to be low-carbon, climate-resilient and protected against price fluctuation. It can meet these needs by investing in Canadian oil companies, given the country’s political stability and rule of law. India can also attract greater foreign direct investment at home through the issuance of green bonds, a climate finance debt instrument that addresses environmental and climate-related challenges. This paper explores the regulatory perspective of the green bond market.
- Topic: Climate Change, Energy Policy, Foreign Direct Investment, Rule of Law, Renewable Energy
- Political Geography: South Asia, Canada, India, North America