You searched for: Content Type Working Paper Remove constraint Content Type: Working Paper Publishing Institution Finnish Institute of International Affairs Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Finnish Institute of International Affairs Political Geography Russia Remove constraint Political Geography: Russia Publication Year within 5 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 5 Years Topic Education Remove constraint Topic: Education
- Author: Jussi Lassila
- Publication Date: 05-2019
- Content Type: Working Paper
- Institution: Finnish Institute of International Affairs
- Abstract: The accelerated brain drain from Russia concretizes the failures of the Kremlinʼs authoritarian modernization and deepens the country’s longer-term problems. At the same time, the brain drain is reducing the regimeʼs political pressures to make the country more attractive to educated and internationally oriented citizens.
- Topic: Education, Globalization, Authoritarianism, Modernization
- Political Geography: Russia, Europe, Central Asia, Asia