You searched for: Content Type Working Paper Remove constraint Content Type: Working Paper Publishing Institution Columbia International Affairs Online Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Columbia International Affairs Online Political Geography Africa Remove constraint Political Geography: Africa Topic Government Remove constraint Topic: Government
- Author: Emmanuel K. Ngwainmbi
- Publication Date: 03-2004
- Content Type: Working Paper
- Institution: Columbia International Affairs Online
- Abstract: The paper revisits the key problematics of conceptualizing culture, the ethnographic relevance of cross cultural communication in business management, and the theoretical and pragmatic differences between glocalization, Euro-American and West African business management ethics and socioeconomic change in NEPAD (The New Partnership for African Development) countries. Further, it examines the power dynamics of the local sub-cultures (manager, employee and local consumer) and the fundamental cultural differences between local and foreign managers and provides the contexts within which such core differences cultivate a hybrid business environment and enhance translocal negotiations. Finally, it discusses the triangular connection between hegemony, ICT and social change and identifies situations in urban W. African communities where local-foreign knowledge and technical resources promote globalization in the region.
- Topic: Development, Globalization, Government
- Political Geography: Africa, America