You searched for: Content Type Working Paper Remove constraint Content Type: Working Paper Publishing Institution Chatham House Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Chatham House Political Geography United Nations Remove constraint Political Geography: United Nations Publication Year within 25 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 25 Years Topic Agriculture Remove constraint Topic: Agriculture
- Author: Trond Bjørndal, Sarah Martin
- Publication Date: 10-2007
- Content Type: Working Paper
- Institution: Chatham House
- Abstract: According to the UN Fish Stocks Agreement, the management of straddling and highly migratory fish stocks is to be carried out through Regional Fisheries Management Organizations (RFMOs), composed of relevant coastal states and distant water fishing nations with a 'real interest' in the fishery. An important objective in the management of such fish stocks under the governance of RFMOs is that the resources should provide through time the maximum flow of economic rents to the members of the RFMO. The purpose of this report is to provide a survey, and an assessment, of bioeconomic modelling exercises pertaining to straddling fish stocks and highly migratory fish stocks.
- Topic: Agriculture, Development, Economics, Environment
- Political Geography: United Nations